Each canton’s profile contains information on their intangible heritage activities, the importance of their living traditions as well as existing and future plans to promote their continued survival.
This information is currently available in Switzerland’s four national languages. By clicking on the appropriate link, visitors can view the page content in their preferred language.
Following the second update to the list of living traditions in 2023, five new traditions have been added to the list for the canton of Neuchâtel:
- Absinthe culture in Val-de-Travers
- Natural history excursions
- Casting cowbells from bronze
- Métairies: the mountain inns of the Bernese Jura
- Amateur theatre in French-speaking part of Switzerland
The complete files for these new traditions will be available online in the summer of 2024.